After 12/7/2011, this blog will no longer be updated, although content will remain. Please visit my new blog at Hidden Latitudes.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lenten Reading 2 - Thursday, February 18

Lenten Reading 2: Sit alone in silence. Lamentations 3:19-30

Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness.
    Surely my soul remembers
         And is bowed down within me.
    This I recall to my mind,
         Therefore I have hope.
    The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
         For His compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning;
         Great is Your faithfulness.
    "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
         "Therefore I have hope in Him."
    The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
         To the person who seeks Him.
    It is good that he waits silently
         For the salvation of the LORD.
    It is good for a man that he should bear
         The yoke in his youth.
    Let him sit alone and be silent
         Since He has laid it on him.
    Let him put his mouth in the dust,
         Perhaps there is hope.
    Let him give his cheek to the smiter,
         Let him be filled with reproach.

No comments: