After 12/7/2011, this blog will no longer be updated, although content will remain. Please visit my new blog at Hidden Latitudes.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome, Adeline Grace

    Our first grandchild entered the world today. Her name is Adeline Grace. Her nickname will be Addi, and her street name (so says her aunt) will be Addi-G. Her parents are my son, James, and his wife, Bernnie.  Adeline was born around 2 AM, weighs 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and is 20.25 inches long. Cheryl, the proud grandmother, was in the delivery room and said both James and Bernnie performed flawlessly.
    I have often said most newborns look like little red raisins with eyes, but I feel I must say this is a beautiful girl. And she has spent all of her life, so far, looking around, taking in her new world (and all these strange faces--mom, dad, aunt, uncle, great-uncle, both grandmothers, and me, Papa.).
    Thanks be to God for this wonderful gift.

10 comments:

dj said...

I have just beheld God in His glory, grace, love and hope. Congratulations!!!!
Love, Donna

Sue said...

Wayne, she is gorgeous! I am so happy for all of you. So excited!!
(Sue Speir)

Unknown said...

AWWWWWW!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!! Thank you Lord for answered prayers - a safe delivery, a healthy mom & Baby Adeline! Congrats to the proud new family!!!
Love you all!!!
Blynnsa

carrie ott said...

Congratulations! Papa suits you perfectly. She is lovely.
carrie

Art Vander Veen said...

What a beautiful little girl! And just by your words I can tell you have already entered the world of deeply infatuated and silly grandfatherhood. From one experience 7 times...it's the BEST!

Art

anne vierela said...

Your grandbaby is absoultely beautiful. Congratulations, my friend. Wish I were there to hug you all in person but...consider yourself hugged! thanks for keeping me updated on your life and miss you all.

Hannah Marie said...

Oh my gosh, she's so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her!

Amanda Shaw said...

I'm so happy for ALL of you! She is just beautiful! I know Kee and James are so happy! What a blessing! =)
~Mandy & Chris

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you and Cheryl. Your world is about to change!!! Congratulations to the parents - she is so beautiful!
Love,
Jackie and Donna

Anonymous said...

Another sweet Steadham girl coming down the pike...what a bevy of kindness and love. Congratulations to all of you, especially Bernie who worked so hard. Love Jan V.